So moving on...I'm already bringing in a wax I used before CCP and it out performs them at half the price. I'm vetting a few paint vendors, of course, all my money is tied up in this product...but I'm only entertaining vendors than actually see the value in my business and experience. Most of these companies, including Country Chic Paint, haven't even been in business as long as me - I think I'm due a little respect and perhaps a thank you. We are also looking into producing our own line of paint - this actually makes me the most excited.
So retailers, here's what you need to know if you're considering carrying Country Chic Paint:
- all customers want Annie Sloan - 1/2 will buy any brand, the other will go find Annie Sloan.
- everyone only wants white and gray - occasionally, if you sell a color, its in a sample size
- try to order only their colors in the white base (I'll explain in more detail)
- know that you can't sell on any online market place.
- know that you won't be able to beat their prices or sales online.
- Also, unless you are selling paint like a Benjamin Moore all day, every day - you will not be able to protect your territory. Seriously, I did the math and no small boutique can do it.
- And, they are likely to discontinue colors and change terms quite often.
If you've used Country Chic Paint and/or are a vendor, I would love some feedback - positive or negative. Also, if you have your own favorite brand of Chalk type Paint - I am all ears...
connect with me: website | twitter | facebook | pinterest | instagram | ravelry