Persimmon Pecan Bread
- 6 tablespoons of butter, salted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups unbleached, unbromated flour (all purpose is ok but the first choice is best for breads)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for Pensey's fans, I'm using Indonesian Korintje)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (for Pensey's Fans this is West Indies Ground)
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
cream butter, gradually adding sugar - beat well. Add your eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl combine the pulp and soda and let it sit and dissolve. Blend in the rest of the ingredients with the butter and sugar mixture; stir well. Add pecans and pulp mixture and beat well.
Pour into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
connect with me: website | twitter | facebook | pinterest | ravelry